Friday 28 March 2014

Verse of the Day -Righteous of God – 2 Corinthians 5:21

Welcome to Verse of the Day!

Today's Bible Verse:

2 Corinthians 5:21
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (NIV)

Today's Inspiring Thought: Righteous of God

For much of my life, I used to worry that I wasn't doing enough to get into heaven. I had been wrongly taught that we must earn our way home. But that is not God's plan of salvation. When I finally understood what justification means, I realized that Jesus Christ paid my sin-debt for me, in full. Christ's righteousness was credited to me. We are righteous of God because of Jesus' sacrifice, not anything we do. When we grasp that marvelous truth and turn it over and over in our mind, it brings a tremendous sense of relief. We can stop struggling to be good enough and spend the rest of our life thanking Jesus for what he has done.

No comments :

Post a Comment